Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Road Trip Review : May 2014 : A Month Too Little Too Late

Well... I guess it's better now than never, right? It has been a whirlwind month. School and the job have taken over my life and it seems like all of my days off are spent holed up in the office bent over my desk... I think I'm turning into Quasimodo!

I have also received some not so great news on the home-front. Nothing to be worried about for you guys! Nothing that can be stopped, or helped, or any other amount of "doing" will help. It has just been another falter in my steps and I have spent the month wallowing and self-loathing and not focusing on my health, but rather eating through my guilt and anger and letting the office chair be my comfort.

So, let's review..

-The distance from home to Crowley's Ridge National Park is 849 miles.
-The distance from there to Devil's Den State Park is 215 miles.
-My total goal distance is then 1,064 miles.
-Challenge runs from January 1st thru October 31st, which is 304 days.
-That means... I need to cover 3.5 miles per day to achieve my goal distance.
-Of that 3.5 miles, only half (1.75 miles) can come from my everyday normal walking!

The Road So Far.....

January
Goal: 108.5 miles
Distance: 79.79 miles
Deficit: -28.71 miles

February
Goal: 98 miles
Distance: 88.16 miles
Deficit: -9.84 miles

March
Goal: 108.5 miles
Distance: 111.34 miles
Deficit: +2.84 miles

April
Goal: 105 miles
Distance: 184.73 miles
Deficit: +79.73 miles

May
Goal: 108.50 miles
Distance: 77.11 miles
Deficit: -31.39 miles

OUCH.

It's no surprise that I am behind. Like the aforementioned issues.... I have been distracted. I have neglected my health, my fitness, my everything. I drive home most of days crying over this, that, the other thing, and sometimes for nor good reason. I keep telling myself it will get better as my schooling gets closer to a degree in my hand; but some days I feel like I am fumbling around in the dark and not bothering to feel around for a light switch.

I don't really have goals set in place, mostly because I kept pushing this update off and now there are only 6 days left on the month. I know I'll be behind again, but I will not let July get the better of me. My hardest class is behind me, I have my husband's birthday coming up, a dual party with him and my cousin happening around the 4th, and I am determined to get out there and start running again. I can't make the excuses anymore.

My head was so much clearer when I was exercising 4+ days of the week. I felt better, my life felt like it was in focus and in control.... Well, it's decided. July is my get-back-on-track month.

No comments:

Post a Comment