Sunday, July 28, 2013

Road Trip Review (7/21 - 7/27)

Well, another week has gone by, and another set of mileage has happened.

It's been two full weeks since we started this trip, how far from home have I been?

Sunday: 3.5 miles
Monday: 3.5 miles
Tuesday: 4.5 miles
Wednesday: 1.5 miles
Thursday: 3.5 miles
Friday: 1.75 miles
Saturday: 1.75 miles

Total: 20 miles
Goal: 24.5 miles
Deficit: -4.50 miles

Sunday was a Zumba day. 1 hour = 1 mile, then the rest from actual fitness walking.

On Monday I spent a good two and a half hours tuning up this bicycle my Father had given me a few years back. I thought it was a bad bike, as in had two blown tires, but it turned out I had just never inflated them to the correct pressure..... you know.... to keep my ass afloat!

Tuesday I came home from work and biked another 3.25 miles and walked the other 1.25 (not even counting the 2.6miles my FitBit says I did at work). My knees were killing me after, but what hurt more was what I affectionately call my vagina-bones. They are the bottom of my pelvic bones that sit on the seat when I ride, and even though I have a fat-girl seat, I'm used to sitting back on the fat of my butt and not leaning forward on those bones, so they are sore. Ouchies.

Wednesday I had a few errands to run, including what I thought was going to be a simple cleaning/post root canal dental appointment. I had actually planned to ride my bike the 2 miles to the dental office, but my knees were still bothering me that morning so I drove instead. The appointment went fine and was given a clean bill of health, except the cavities I still had. Well, as my luck would have it, I still had some insurance money leftover and still had a few fillings that needed to be filled (4, I think. I know.. bad Julie.) So, I was given the choice to have 2 of them filled today. Stupid me said yes... I really just needed to get it over with. So, I strolled out of there about an hour and a half later and had two fillings and a stroke-face as I finished the rest of my errands. I came home and made home-made cinnamon toast crunch, except that it's not very crunchy.... it's kinda poofy. But, as a first trial goes, I will just have to roll the dough WAY thinner next time!

Thursday: Walked. Simple as that. :-)    Also- on a side note, I'm down to 208lbs! Woohoo! Dropped 7 of the excess I'd gained last month! Woooootttt!!

Friday & Saturday: This weekend was a rough weekend to not only my goal but my sanity and family as well. My mother went into the hospital with severe abdominal pain, and ended up having an emergency gallbladder removal on Saturday night. It had perforated and was leaking bile into her stomach and rest of her abdomen and had begun to show signs of necrosis. She's okay now, still in the ICU but alert and giving the nurses a run for their money, which is a good sign. We're hoping she'll be moved from the ICU to a regular room either tomorrow or Tuesday.

The big green dot is where I ended up from Week 1, and the
red stop blip is where I ended up. Looking closer, I have stopped
between Port Charlotte and Arcadia, which I'm sure is mostly
swamp land and vagrant camps. Lovely! ...... :-\


So anyway, it's been a rough week, and if you've caught up with Amy you'll know that it's okay to slip off the wagon, because you will always have the opportunity to jump back on and right yourself.

Enjoy your week!


1 comment:

  1. Considering your weekend went to hell in a hand basket, you did SUPER!

    Bike riding is not conducive for hoo ha's! Just imagine how men and their willies make out!

    I haven't gotten a chance to sit out and figure out mapping yet! But hey, I got all week! :-)

    ReplyDelete