Friday, January 25, 2013

I need motivation to have some motivation..

Does that make sense? It's like I'm blah all the time. I really WANT to eat right, WANT to hit the gym 3-5 times a week, WANT to improve my kneepain with weight loss.... but where are these weeks going? I have no idea how it went from my post on January 2nd to being the 25th. What. The. Fuck.

Well, looking back at the first month of the new year, I can say my resolutions were not so held up. I think I have floated in my weight loss but am still around 215/217ish. Possibly 220. I only weigh myself once a week and have yet to do it this week.

I'm trying to establish new habits, but with my non-conformist work schedule where week-to-week my hours change, I have no real way to establish a good habit. Sure, 40 hours is 40 hours no matter what days or time blocks you put them in, but then there's John's schedule, homework, my one campus class, and yes, I realize now that looks like a list of excuses. Maybe it is. I'm just too tired right now to evaluate my mental status.

Here's the deal. I need to establish a couple of new habits. I love to be at the gym. I don't care that people might look at me and whisper or whathaveyou, I'm used to that by now. I just need to MAKE, not find, but MAKE time to get there. With a steam room and big cushy showers that I can crank up as high as I want for as long as I want, what's not to be enticed to go?!?!
--Good habit to establish: Make time for the gym

I need to start eating better. These closing shifts suck at work because I AM hungry when I get home. On a normal 2-10 shift, I eat somewhere between 5-6:30. But I'm busting my butt trying to get the department cleaned up so that when I make it home between 9:45-10:15 I am hungry. Not starving, no, but hungry. And so I'll grab some leftovers from whatever John cooked, or I'll rummage and forage for something, but none of that is good for me, not THAT late at night.
--So, good habit to establish: find something light and healthy to eat before bed

Well, I really can't think of the other habits I had in mind, so I think I might just end this. I think one thing I've had tossing in my brain lately is to post some good recipes on here. Maybe I'll start a brand new blog for that? I'd like to go through my recipes and learn some substitutions that are healthier and then try them out. Like the substitutions for fats and oils and sugars.... lessen the calories without sacrificing the taste. I'll look into that.... maybe if I can establish a good schedule-making process and can make some personal time for that.I do love to cook. :)

Anyway, my snoring husband is a good indicator I should be in bed. Especially since I have to work tomorrow and he doesn't. He's sick :( My poor sicky-poo hubbycakes. This song is dedicated to him... always makes me think of him <3

....Because maybe, you're gonna be the one to save me.... and after all, you're my wonderwall.....


1 comment:

  1. Wanting to go to the gym is half the battle right there girlfriend! Once I no longer was going to the gym, I realized that it wasn't the workout that I loved, but the social aspect of it. I had a trainer and loved it, but once the cash flow dried up for the trainer, so did my motivation to go there.

    Meal planning is critical...just ask me...I am not good at doing it and in fact, have none in place for this week, but I do know that it makes a difference. Sounds to me like you need to pack yourself a high protein punch for a nibble on your closing shift so you are not starving when you get home. I hate that out of control, eat everything in sight feeling when I get home.

    How can I help motivate you? Do you want to be a virtual TOPS memeber? I can do that for you.

    You are a great friend and motivatitor for me. Just tell me how I can help you!

    Love you girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete