Thursday, August 30, 2012

Craziness

So, I have been a busy little bee this week. With the "storm" we expected Sunday night/Monday, it was just a week that started crazy and is continuing the trend.


Sunday- I worked from 12-8. We actually might've closed early due to Isaac, but I guess sometime throughout the day the storm turned slightly so my area ended up outside of the Hurricane Warning zone and instead was just in a Tropical Storm Warning. It was so dead at the store that my associates were having a hard time focusing on doing SOMETHING and instead turned to conversations that were not happening while they were cleaning/etc. I had to tell them multiple times to "disperse", which they started getting an attitude towards, but what's funny is that they are so self-absorbed that they don't realize their attitude is just comical to me. As in, HELLO, you're not getting paid to stand around and talk.... so GO DO SOMETHING! It made me realize that although I really like what I do at my job... maybe it's time to move to another area. I hate children, why would I continue to stay up front and supervise them? Because although they are all over the age of 18, I do frequently get called over to fix simple things and change diapers (no, not really... I just feel that way).
So, I did talk to the manager and practically begged him to move me somewhere else. I'm hoping for a spot on the markdown team, which does all of the price changes in the store.... and also has a cushy 7a-3p Sunday-Thursday schedule. No more wondering what I'm working.... no more closing.... I think it would be nice.

Monday we were all icky and rainy from Isaac's backside bands... It was windy and the store was still pretty dead. One of my problem children was being very attitude-y so I sent her away, lo and behold I find out it's possible I might have some new people joining my team soon, if the current attitudes remain as nasty as they are.
I did get a chance to work out at the gym. I completed Week 2 Workout 2 of the C25K program. I'm alittle mixed up on my days and workouts, I think I did 4 days of the Week 2.... I just don't remember. My days are starting to blend together. Anyway, here is my picture from Monday.


It was only 7:00pm in that picture, which should still be sunny and bright, but due to the storm it was just an Eeyore kinda day.

Tuesday was yet another slow day. We had no real issues or events at work, and I am starting to feel that I'm just going through the motions at work, to get through the day and be done with it. I'm not really stressed, I guess I just don't really care anymore. Yes, I still give it my all at my job, but I'm no longer anywhere NEAR as emotionally invested.
Here is Tuesday's workout pic. I ended up hitting the treadmill for about 40 minutes, then did a "dance fusion" class which I neglected to read was a Latin-infused dance class that was exactly like Zumba only without the moves and motions. That explains why I was the only "gringa" in the class! But I still had fun, although my hip muscles are sore from shakin it!! :)


I didn't even leave the gym until 8:30. It felt good to be all nasty and sweaty!


Yesterday was my first day off of the week, and I needed it! I had plans too! Dishes, the laundry, possibly washing my car.... and I barely got through my laundry! I was just having a lazy day, so I sat on the couch, got some homework done, and then watched LOST all day. I went to my Speech Communications which I have on Wed nights, and let me tell you how much I think I'm going to hate this class!! But I won't tell you here, partly because I'm pressed for time, and partly because I think it deserves its own entry. Look for it tonight or early tomorrow, I'm not sure of my plans yet.

That's all I got for now... now my 3 readers are caught up to my life this week. I really don't feel like going to work today, but I really don't have much of a choice.... I'm not one to call out. I know what it's like to not have anyone to work, so I feel kinda shitty doing it unless I'm dying or close to it.




He'll wrap you in his arms,
tell you that you've been a good boy
He'll rekindle all the dreams
it took you a lifetime to destroy
He'll reach deep into the hole,
heal your shrinking soul
Hey buddy, you know you're
never ever coming back
He's a god, he's a man,
he's a ghost, he's a guru
They're whispering his name
through this disappearing land
But hidden in his coat
is a red right hand
--"Red Right Hand", Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment