Wednesday, June 27, 2012

New Ideas, Thoughts, etc.

Hello blogger fans! This is just a small update, I've got some spare time before work this morning and with no where to go, I thought I'd update the..... 6 of you that read this. :-)


I found this book on my Kindle Fire, I was able to "rent" it through the "Kindle Owner's Lending Library" which is a perk of having an Amazon Prime membership. It's called "The New Runner: A 12 Week Plan for New Runners" by Bill Ebersohl.



I have only really read through the introductory part of it, but the author says his biggest accomplishment was not training himself to run, but inspiring his wife to run too. She didn't ever want to run, and flat out told him not to train her. One day on their vacation she joined him partway on a run on the beach. And then she enjoyed it. So she kept going. But she still says she's 'not a runner" although she's participated in the Boston Marathon and many others.

^---- THIS. Is exactly the stuff I hope will help me. If this guy's program can help a woman who defiantly hates running (She only does marathons for charity) run marathons, then maybe it will get this blubber-butt off my blubbering butt and out the door.

My mother-in-law owns a treadmill. One she says is mine for the using whenever I want. She also has a decent-sized pool I can used too. She works early hours so I can most of the time go over there without her being home (I'm not a fan of running where people can see me....) But I have never done it. WHY? I have no idea. I mean, I do, but do I want to admit it to myself? They say the first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem. Okay, here it goes....

I don't do it because it's too hard, and I'm fat and lazy.

I don't feel any better, but I guess now that my secret is out on the open.... better figure out a way to fix it. So, back to this book, I got this book because it has baby-steps in it. You're not out there Day 1 running 4 miles. You're not even running it all. This is why I think this program will work. It takes 21 days to establish a habit, this guy is giving me 12 weeks of good behaviors to establish.

And, I've made a promise to myself. If I complete this 12-Week program, I can allow myself to join a gym and reap benefits of commercial-grade exercise machines and fitness classes (I've always wanted to do a spin class!) 

So, I'll keep you guys informed of my progress, and maybe on my days off during the week instead of walking like I have been doing, I'll go over and use the treadmill and pool that I have unlimited access to. Maybe I'll even get a tan?? ;-)


"There’s an empty room at the end of the hall
And it’s begging to swallow you whole

Each step you take
Makes it easier for you to fall on your face
Each tear you fake
Makes it easier to see straight through you now

And you’re so hateful sometimes
Throwing punches at lies
Fall from somewhere above
 Just to say you’re in love"
--"Throwing Punches" - Paramore


No comments:

Post a Comment