Thursday, January 15, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge - Updated 6-15-15

So, one of my co-workers who is also a Pinterest user found this 2015 Reading Challenge.

It looks like the list originates from PopSugar, which is a website I love for their fitness tips and articles.



I'm compiling my list of books now, so that way I don't need to wait to transition from book to book. I feel pretty good. I might only be able to have a good run for the Spring, because I'm hoping to start at my University for the summer at least, if not the fall. This will be updated periodically, as I find more books to add to the list. I'll also be striking through what I have read.

So, here'e reading list, and my picks! (And the date I finished them!)

  • A book with more than 500 pages
    • Inferno, Dan Brown
  • A classic romance
    • The Princess Bride, William Goldman
  • A book that became a movie
    • Still Alice, Lisa Genova
  • A book published this year
    • Playlist for the Dead, Michelle Falkoff
  • A book with a number in the title
    • Four, Veronica Roth
  • A book written by someone under 30
    • The Kissing Booth, Beth Reekles
  • A book with nonhuman characters
    • The Underneath, Kathi Appelt
  • A funny book
    • My Horizontal Life, Chelsea Handler
  • A book by a female author
    • The Other Boleyn Girl, Philippa Gregory 1-12-15
  • A mystery or thriller
    • Eyes, Joseph Glass
  • A book with a one-word title
    • Blood, Joseph Glass
  • A book of short stories
    • What We Talk About When We Talk About Love, Raymond Carver
  • A book set in a different country
    • The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Stieg Larsson
  • A nonfiction book
    • The Astronaut Wives Club, Lily Koppel
  • A popular author's first book
    • One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Ken Kesey
  • A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet
    • Afterworld, Scott Westerfeld
  • A book a friend recommends
    • Prayers For Sale, Sandra Dallas 6-10-15
  • A Pulitzer Prize winner
    • Olive Kitteridge, Elizabeth Strout
  • A book based on a true story
    • A Stolen Life, Jaycee Dugard
  • A book at the bottom of your to-read list
  • A book your mom loves (except my mom doesn't read so in going to read a book my husband loves)
  • A book that scares you
  • A book more than 100 years old
  • A book based entirely on its cover
  • A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't
    • The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • A book you can finish in 1 day
    • Where the Wild Things Are, Maurice Sendak
  • A book with antonyms in the title
    • Death: A Life, George Pendle
  • A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit
  • A book that came out the year you were born
    • Misery, Stephen King, 1987 1-28-15
  • A book with bad reviews

  • A trilogy
    • Matched, Ally Condie 3-3-15
    • Crossed, Ally Condie 3-6-15
    • Reached, Ally Condie
  • A book from your childhood
    • Hatchet, Gary Paulsen
  • A book with a love triangle
    • Mr. Fox, Helen Oyeyemi 4-21-15
  • A book set in the future
    • Allegiant, Veronica Roth
  • A book set in high school
    • Bully, Penelope Douglas
  • A book with a color in the title
    • The White Queen, Philippa Gregory
  • A book that made/will make you cry
    • By The Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead, Julie Ann Peters 1-31-15
  • A book with magic
    • The Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger
  • A graphic novel
    • Vampire Academy Graphic Novel Series, Leigh Dragoon 7/10/15
  • A book by an author you've never read before
    • Drawing Dead, Bennett Shelfer (I've met the author but never read his book!)
  • A book you own but have never read
    • Unlimited, Jillian Michaels
  • A book that takes place in your hometown
    • Sworn Jury, John D. Mills
  • A book that was originally written in a different language
    • The Night Watch, Sergei Lukyanenko
  • A book set during Christmas
    • A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens
  • A book written by an author with your same initials
    • The Fault in Our Stars, John Green
  • A play
    • Doubt, John Patrick Shanley
  • A banned book
    • Of Mice and Men, Gary Steinbeck
  • A book based on, or turned into a TV show
    • The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Arthur Conan Doyle
  • A book you started but never finished
    • The Autobiography of Henry VIII, Margaret George

If you love reading, this list is a challenge. I had a hard time finding books written by authors with my same initial, and finding books set in my hometown. What I look forward to most is finding some new authors to love, instead of sticking to my old reliables!


1 comment:

  1. I love this! I might have to do a bit of this. Have you got a copy of Fault in Our Stars?!?! If not, I have an extra.....please let me gift it to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete