Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Road Trip Review 9/8 - 9/14

I lost a little bit of myself this week I think. It was a tough week in terms of schooling, work, and making my daily 3.5 mile goal. While I can proudly say I hit my goal, I felt like I lost a piece of myself somewhere and haven't been able to shake this feeling yet. Not really sure how else to describe it..

So let's jump in!

Sunday : On Sunday I missed zumba. My instructor, Johnny, was out of town and I really didn't have a chance to make it to the gym anyway with work so.... I did my every day normal steps for 1.75 miles and then had a nice 2 mile walk when I got home, for a daily total of 3.75 miles. (+.25 miles)

Monday : I had school in the morning and have a new way of putting in some extra UMPH into those school days (M,W,F). I take the staircase up to the second floor on the opposite side of where my class is on the far side of the building, go down one side of the main stairs, then up the other staircase, and then when I leave I go down the staircase near where my class is. Essentially I am walking up an extra flight of stairs three days a week. It burns my legs and hurts my knees some mornings, but I do it anyway! Through normal walking and a 2-mile pre-dinner walk in which I forgot my FitBit, I made my standard 3.75 miles. (+.25 miles)

Tuesday : I managed to hit up half of a spin class (I got out of work late, but Heidi, my spin instructor, is gracious enough to let me join in halfway... she normally doesn't allow that, but she must have seen the NEED on my face!). It was a rough day at work, we are down a supervisor so my hours teetered up a little this week, but I have high hopes they'll be going down as I get closer to my "vacation" (It's not a paid vacation, but merely a 5-day off stretch I requested to get some shit done around the house a little rest from the stresses of work and school. According to my spin timer I did 5 miles on the bike. Not bad. :) (+1.50 miles)

Wednesday : This was a rough day for fitness. I had class early then decided to go to our public library to study and catch up on reading for my classes. I can do all of that at home, but I've discovered that's not so good for my diet. I snack forage constantly. I counted it one day a few weeks ago and when I'm in the office studying or doing school work I am usually up 5-6 times per hour to snack or grab a handful of this or that. So, at the library I can't do that. Two days a week after class I'll be going, not only because it's pantry-free, but also the quiet ambiance is better than my cat and dog running crazy around the house. I didn't get anything exercise wise, just my 1.75 mile daily steps. (-1.75 miles)

Thursday : Thursday was a GREAT day. One of my zumba buddies, Mary, and I have started to see that cardio isn't going to cut it if we want to lose our guts! So, we decided to weight train a few days a week in order to burn that excess fat! This was the first day and it was awesome. I brought along my Biggest Loser workouts, and we spent an hour going through and working our arms, legs, and core. We have a new mantra we use whenever we start to whine: NO PAIN, NO GAIN! Nothing new or fancy, but we say it quite a bit! After we were done we spent another 45 minutes on the treadmill getting to know each other better. She's still really an "acquaintance" but I'm sure she'll move to "friend" status soon enough as we get to know each other better! :) Today's totals were: 4.00 miles (+.50 miles)

Friday : Day 2 with Mary. We continued our workout with an hour of weights followed by an hour of zumba. I was sore from the day before, but not enough that I needed rest. It's like my muscles knew of this type of training once before and were re-awakened by it. They were happy, as was my soul. It felt good to know if I kept this up I'd have that flat tummy in no time! Today's totals were: 4.50 miles (+1.00 mile)

Saturday : Mary wanted to try mat pilates, and the cardio club (read: big studio with no weights) that my mother-in-law goes to was having a grand re-opening to celebrate an expansion, so they were offering free classes. We thought the mat pilates was at 11, so we shot for that... and discovered that Mary read the schedule wrong! Piloxing (pilates + boxing) was at 11! So, we gave that a shot! Holy MOLEY! I was feeling it not even halfway through! I also had a pretty fitness intensive day at work, on top of the 1.75 miles I get to record for my everyday walking I did spend almost 90 minutes moving cribs and picking up heavy furniture upstairs, which I am going to count as 1.5 miles of fitness. I had to buy a new shirt as mine was DRENCHED! Totals for this day were: 4.25 miles (+.75 miles)


So, totals for this week are:

27.00 miles!
((+2.25 mi))

Not my best week, but not a bad week to say the least. If you want to see something TOTALLY impressive, pop on over to Amy's blog and see how badly she kicked my ass this week!!!

For the 9-week total I have walked 249.03 miles
The 9-week goal at this point it 220.5 miles
I am ahead of the game by +28.8 miles!! WOOT!

Where in the world is Julie resting this week?

I am so close to Jacksonville! I am stopped in
a little park for a rest and some S'mores!


"The road so far" (for you, Amy!)


If I squint I can almost
see my destination!!! :)


This week I have a feeling I'm going to hit a nice stride in my fitness. I am learning to control my eating habits, especially escaping the temptation of my pantry by going to the library for studying.

And now, to follow in the footsteps of my bestie, a random picture!





No comments:

Post a Comment