Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cardio-Abs Challenge Check-In, Week 1

Hey fitness fanatics!

Remember Debbie Reichert??

Remember my 31 Day Cardio-Abs Challenge I joined?

Well, it's time to check in with week 1 completed!

I have been keeping track on my wallpaper, it's way easier and greener than having a printout!

Let's take a look-see:



So, I have some opportunities to improve on. I missed Saturday but did Saturday's routine on Sunday. I have no excuse for missing yesterday, but I may try to make up the circuit sometime later in the month. I am proud that I am not BS-ing you, and ashamed that I have not been able to complete each day 100%, but I'm not letting that hold me back. I will give it my all for the rest of the month. It's super easy to look at my failure and just give up, but it's taking some serious guts [and muscle!] to keep going.


Some issues I am having are that I cannot do a full plank, so I have been doing a plank on my knees. I have hopes that by the end of the month I can do a full-length plank successfully!

I also have been having sore shoulders from the mountain climbers and plank jacks, but I am RICE-ing them and feel the soreness less and less each day. I do stretch BEFORE and AFTER the circuits, so I know I'm not doing these on cold muscles.

Some awesome news?!? Last week on Day 1 I did take measurements, because I wanted to see how much one month could make a difference!

Day 1 (5/1):
Arms [biceps]: 13.75"
Waist [natural waist]: 38.5"
Tummy [right below my bellybutton, where my pants usually sit]: 46"
Thighs: 25"



Day 7 (5/8):
Arms: 13.5"
Waist: 38"
Tummy: 45"
Thighs: 24.5"


WOW! I have lost a total of 2.25"!!! In one week!!

YAY ME!

Thanks Debbie! Can't wait to keep going!

1 comment:

  1. That is some good inches gone in just a week!

    You are still doing pretty awesome!

    Proud of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete