Saturday, February 9, 2013

Valentine's Day

So, with the upcoming "holiday", I thought I'd give my fellow weight-loss-lovelys a viewpoint into the candy and chocolate you might be receiving.

I saw this on PopSugar, which is a pretty fantastic site! Check it out! (Disclaimer of course: I am not being endorsed by them, I just don't wanna get sued for using their stuff without giving them credit!)

I will not be receiving any candy, chocolate, flowers, or gifts this year, because I already got my gift!! MY new laptop!! Yay! We are still doing cards though, because we always try and get the funny cards for each other! :)

Here's the link to the FULL ARTICLE:::: Linkie!!!
So, here's your 100-calorie portions of the famous candies and chocolates given on Valentine's Day:

Conversation Hearts
One pc = 12cal ...... Eight pcs = 96cal

Peeps Milk Chocolate-Covered Marshmallow
One pc = 110cal


Russell Stover Heart-Shaped Chocolate Box:
One Piece = 67cal  ...... One and a half = 100.5cal


Dove Dark Chocolate Silky Smooth Promises
One pc = 36.7cal ...... Three pcs = 110cal


Plain M&M's
One pc = 3.4cal ...... 29pcs = 98.6cal


Hershey's Kisses
One pc = 22cal ...... Five pcs = 110cal



So, there you go! A little glimpse into what my happen to your diet if you scarf that entire box of candy down! What has worked for me in the past is to take any candy/chocolates I get and break them up into single-sized servings and bag them that way, so if I do get the urge it ends when the bag is empty and it's only a small bag.

Enjoy your Saturday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment