Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's 2013. Big deal, right?

Greetings those of us who survived the end of the Mayan calendar! Did you go out and get your calendar on clearance on Dec 22nd?? I sure did!!

It is now 2013, the Skynet computers have been aware for about 5 months now... and we, as a human race, are still alive for the moment. That's a positive.

For New Year's Eve I got drunk. Like, SUPER-drunk. Could hardly walk, didn't really speak English anymore, slept-in-my-jeans DRUNK. Can't say I will ever do that again. It wasn't exactly fun. I rang in the new year, but barely, and had no real sense of time. Plus, I was so drunk I couldn't even see the TV to watch the ball drop. Oh well, there's always next year.

Now on to my resolutions. Well, there's my "normals" : get healthy, lose weight, etc. But there's also my "real ones", ones that are attainable more easily than losing weight. I'd like to go diving more. Yes, I understand it's expensive, but I feel as though I owe it to myself to enjoy life more, and I'd like to do it looking up at the ocean's surface from 60'+ below. :-)

I am preparing to start a new diet, and a new exercise routine. Yes, I will still do zumba, as it is fun and calorie-torching awesome, but I'd also like to tone and lose inches in specific areas.

I re-read The Biggest Loser Fitness Program: Fast, Safe, and Effective Workouts to Target and Tone Your Trouble Spots.
Not only does it teach you workouts and the safe ways to do them, but it also teaches you about their 4-3-2-1 pyramid, and recommends a weekly schedule to fit in your exercise. I am going to try it, After all, how can I deny this program when those who have done it on the TV show alone have lost thousands of combined pounds?!?


I'm not setting myself up with unrealistic expectations. I do not expect to conform to this diet and exercise program 100% right out of the gate. In fact, the food portion will be harder because it does require quite a bit of change from what my normal diet is now. But, I have a goal set to be 80% compliant by the end of January. That's pretty much easing into it for me.

Now, on for the hard part. Courtesy of my awesome bestie Amy, I have a shirt in which I will take recurring pictures of myself to track the inches. I just hope it shows. So, here we go:

January 2, 2013:





(PS- I have no idea WHY it looks like I have a wedgie in the back-side one, but I DON'T! I promise!) LOL



Okay, now that the embarrassment is over... Let me just say that I have high hopes for myself. I have never truly wanted to lose weight until about June/July of last year, when I realized I was doomed to blow up like most of my family if I kept going the way I was. And now, I am not expecting to go from a size 20 to a 2, I'd be happy with a 14/12, as long as my BMI and overall health is good.

I think I can do it, and I hope my husband sees the results and wants in too. It would be awesome if we could find a common ground, run a 5k together, and extend the years to our lives. I'd like 50-70 years with him, not 30-40.

That's all. Let me leave you with the song that I apparently was singing ALL. NIGHT. on New Year's Eve. It's catchy!



1 comment:

  1. Julie! You are so funny!

    The shirt looks great! Can't wait to see it hanging off of you! :-)

    We are totally going to "punch it" this year (I may have made that term up, 'cause I do things like that!)

    Here's to a rocking new year! I need to find a balance between cardio and strength training. I don't do any strength training right now, even though I know I should

    ReplyDelete