Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sunrise, sunrise! Oh how I love a good sunrise!

So, I'm awake at 7:37 AM on this beautiful Tuesday morning. I'm definitely not looking forward to work, but only because there is going to be no staff again, as this company I work for is trying to maximize profits while minimizing payroll! :-{


Last week, I had looked into a gym that was very close to my house. It's called Around the Clock Fitness, herein will be referred to as ATCFit. Well, their website isn't exactly up and running, however they have a Facebook page run by their manager/owner. I read some reviews from Yahoo and Google, with a mixed feeling. The only negative reviews I got were about "hidden" cancellation costs, and also being charged a next month's fee after canceling.


Well, I decided to chicken out and not go check this place out last week. However, last night, my mother-in-law emails me telling me she wants to check out this gym.... ATCFit! I was stoked. Since I know John won't go with me (He's not the "gym" type.... his words, not mine!) I know it would be easier if there was someone in my city who kept me accountable. Because I can always lie to my faraway friends, because they can't come over and kick my butt! :-)

So, Julie (my mother-in-law), John and myself went last night to check this place out. The guide showed us the payment plans, told us about the Feb 15th annual maintenance fee that EVERYONE gets charged and only on that day, and also how their cancellation works. They explained basically that if I had come in to cancel my account yesterday, that I would be charged for September's monthly fee, but that my cancellation would take effect on Oct 1st. That makes sense. You give a 30 day notice and since the payment is pro-rated, you get the rest of the month to work out.


Well, I didn't exactly JOIN yesterday. I wanted to see what the gym was like. Julie and I looked over their class schedule, and we decided to give it a go. The girl slipped us 3-day passes good for 3 consecutive days, and so we decided Tue-Thur would be our trial!


So, fast forward to 5:00 AM this morning. I'm rolling out of bed, trying to think of ways to not go. Because I hadn't been up that early in awhile. I don't ever work that early so I see no need to wake up that early!! :-P


I had a piece of toast with peanut butter to kickstart my system. The Doc says if I eat on an empty stomach I will burn fat instead of what's in my stomach; however, I am weary of passing out in a gym, so I conceded and went with a small little snack. I think I might only do a half-slice next time. It's crazy, but I felt heavy after just that one piece!


Anyway, I get to the gym at 5:30. Julie's waiting for me and so we fill out the guess pass info and head right for the treadmill. Julie isn't doing the Couch to 5K thing, but she is a walker, so we saddled up side by side and began. She did give me a couple of funny looks as I would transition from a walk to a run and back again, but after I told her why I was doing it she did seem pretty interested! She even agreed to run a 5k with me next year!! That's pretty awesome!!


Anyway, I stayed on the treadmill, mostly because I can't do a bicycle yet (says the Doc), and I have no knowledge of the free weights and other work out machines. If we end up joining, I'll probably take a personal training session or 2 just to get acclimated, so that I won't end up hurting myself.


I did my C-2-5K, and then walked for another 45 minutes. It was brisk, but not overbearing and I did feel that burn!!


On my way home, I saw the sun rising. It was beautiful! I've realized that this is what I'm missing!! Sunrises! I don't get up until the day has begun.... and now I know why I feel like I'm missing something!!


Here is the picture I got on my phone....



It's so pretty!!

Anyway, I'm going to shower and get ready for work. I had a nice, FILLING, sensible breakfast, and last night I made egg salad for sammiches for lunch! Because this eating out crap is too much money!! :-O

Bye-bye butterfly!!



Spirit of the rising sun lift me up
Hold me there and never let me fall
Love me till I die, my heart won't wait
Soon I will be down in this love song
In this love, love song
In this love. love song
Hey hey, love won't find
Find its own way home

-"Three Sunrises", U2

1 comment:

  1. Good for you to get up early to exercise.

    I can safely say...NEVER GONNA HAPPEN HERE!

    I won't even try to pretend!

    So glad your mother in law is going with you. HOw awesome....she rocks! Perhaps you can talk her into joining TOPS with you! It's not just for people who needs to lose TONS of weight!

    Shucks about your hubby! Is there some form of exercise he does like?

    Maybe you need to sit him down and have a serious conversation with him...telling him that his choices are his, but this is something you MUST do, as in life or death! Ask him to support you by not eating junk in front of you or telling you good work when you come back from the gym or a run. Convince him to be interested. I finally did that with my husband. It took a few attempts for it to sink in. It's now a mix of my will power and his caring enough to encourage me to move and being interested!

    I am So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete