Thursday, July 5, 2012

Recipe!

Hey Y'all! Happy post-4th of July!

I hope everyone's calories stayed in control! Mine did not, however, I was in the pool ALL AFTERNOON playing volleyball and just swimming around, so that burn helped keep my food intake down.

Anyway, on to today's blog. It's a quickie, but a good one! It's a NEW RECIPE!!

I found this on Taste of Home's website, and did a little adjusting, but just a little. I made these in the evening on the 3rd for the BBQ we had yesterday.

My only advice would be to try and buy at least 10 extra tomatoes, as some will end up breaking when you scoop out the insides... it just happens! And if you manage not to, then you have a post-recipe snack! :)

Cucumber-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
(25m prep time, 48 servings)

Ingredients:
**48 cherry tomatoes
**6oz garden veggie cream cheese, softened
**3 tbs light mayo w/ olive oil
**1/2c finely chopped peeled cucumber
**1 1/2 tbs finely chopped green onion
**2 tsp minced fresh dill
**pepper, to taste

Directions:
1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp carefully with butter knife. Turn upside down on paper towel to dry inside.
2. In small bowl, combine cream cheese and mayo until smooth. Stir in cucumber, dill, and onion. Spoon into tomatoes.
3. Refrigerate until serving

1 Tomato is approx 25 calories. I had some leftover filling which I used on discs of cucumber left over also. Like nachos with dip on them!! :)

This is the picture of mine, mid-creation. :) ENJOY!!






No I can't slow down
I can't hold back
Though you know I wish I could
No there ain't no rest for the wicked
Until we close our eyes for good

-"Ain't No Rest For The Wicked", Cage the Elephant

No comments:

Post a Comment